Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid for Grooming Professionals
$74.95 – $184.95
This course is a customized version of our PetCPR+ Certification program and is designed to train animal groomers, salon staff and owners how to manage medical emergencies that can happen in the grooming environment. There are a number of injuries that can occur in a grooming salon such as heatstroke, lacerations from shears/clippers, stress anxiety and more. It provides the participant an overview of what to do in an emergency situation at the salon prior to obtaining veterinary care.
Course is asynchronous which means you do not have to login at a specific time to complete material. You can log in and out as much as you like however the course expires 30 days from date of purchase. Course duration is equivalent to 3 hours.
If you have any questions please call us at 844-PET-CPR9
Purchase a printed book and/or pet first aid kit with your registration. Orders containing more than one retail item may arrive in multiple shipments. Retails items take 5-7 business days to be received.
Please be aware that only one person can register at a time. If you need to register more than one person for this class you can either complete a separate transaction for each person or call us at 855-PET-CPR7 to register your group all together.
Please be aware that this website only allows registration of people who reside in the US. If you reside outside the US and would like to register for this class please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our office will contact you to register you.
- Safety techniques when working with sick and/or injured animals
- How to perform emergency triage and assess if an animal is experiencing a life threatening medical emergency
- How to restrain and properly transport sick and/or injured animals
- How to provide emergency first aid to dogs and cats en-route to veterinary care
- How to take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, CRT) and determine normal vs abnormal readings
- Learn about the importance of the pet first aid kit and how to use the materials in it during an emergency
- How to manage and provide first aid for many common medical emergencies in a grooming salon including, skin lacerations, razor burn, heatstroke and more.
- How to perform the most current industry standard method of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on dogs and cats (Participants will receive a PetCPR+ Certification valid for 2 years)
Course participants will receive the following:
- A copy of our full color Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid Reference Guide as an E-book or printed book (add’l $24.95 plus shipping)
- 2 year subscription to the Pet Emergency Education Online Resource Center
- Upon successful completion and receiving a passing score on all assessments, an official certificate may be printed immediately at the link under the final exam section
- Copyright access to use the PetCPR+ logo to promote that you are certified
Upon completion of this class participants will be certified in Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid**
We would like to thank the following curriculum content contributors:
- Jennifer Lotterman PDS MPS CFMG, Paragon School of Pet Grooming
- Allison Alonso, Groomer Training Center
- Kathryn Dixon, The Houndstooth, LLC
Thank you to the following organizations who contributed to the development of this course and who utilize our programs to train and certify their staff, members and students.
|Choose Registration Package Below
Registration w/E-Book, Deluxe Pet First Aid Kit AND a Portable Travel Pet First Aid Kit, Registration w/Ebook, Registration w/eBook and Pet First Aid Kit, Registration w/Printed Book, Registration w/Printed Book and Pet First Aid Kit, Registration w/Printed Book, Deluxe Pet First Aid Kit AND a Portable Travel Pet First Aid Kit