The skills and topics covered in this class include:
- Safety techniques when working with livestock
- How to provide general care needed to maintain optimum herd health for cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, and camelids such as llamas and alpacas
- How to perform emergency triage and assess if an animal is experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency
- How to provide emergency first aid to livestock
- Obtain vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, CRT) and determine normal vs abnormal readings
- Learn about the importance of the first aid kit and emergency supplies needed to manage livestock emergencies.
- How to manage and provide first aid for many common medical emergencies that involve livestock
- Course participants will receive the following:
- A copy of our full color Reference Guide E-book (printed books for this text are not available at this time but you may purchase a printed copy of our Equine First Aid Reference Guide in our online store).
- 2 year subscription to the Pet Emergency Education Online Resource Center
- Upon successful completion and receiving a passing score on all assessments, an official certificate may be printed immediately at the link under the final exam section
- (purchase official certification wallet cards custom printed with your name and mailed free shipping) Order Now
- Copyright access to use logo to promote that you are certified
Upon completion of this class participants will be certified in Livestock Emergency First Aid and Wellness Care**
Course is approved to award continuing education credit for the following animal professional organizations:
“This program 20-963620 is approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 0.00 CE Credits (0.00 max) being available to any one veterinarian: and/or 4.00 Veterinary Technician CE Credits (3.00 max). This RACE approval is for the subject matter categories of: Category Three: Non-Scientific-Practice Management/Professional Development using the delivery method of Seminar/Lecture. This approval is valid in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE; however, participants are responsible for ascertaining each board’s CE requirements. RACE does not “accredit” or “endorse” or “certify” any program or person, nor does RACE approval validate the content of the program.” Although Pet Emergency Education teaches the most current industry standards for animal CPR, we are in no way affiliated with the RECOVER Initiative, its affiliated organizations or its RECOVER training program. This course is NOT RACE approved for licensed veterinarians.
Continuing Education Credits for Veterinary Technicians
If you are a veterinary technician and want to receive RACE approved CE credit for completing this program we encourage you to create your free RACEtrack account with AAVSB. This site will sync to RACEtrack, the AAVSB’s CE tracking system, and provide a seamless connection between CE providers, licensees, and regulators. You will be able to access all of your CEU in one location and submit them to your state board. This is optional and not required. Please be advised that we do not automatically upload your CEU to RACEtrack. You must request that your CEU be added to your RACEtrack account by emailing us at support@