Registration Includes: An official certificate, 3 RACE approved CEU, a 2 year subscription to our online Animal Emergency Resource Center, an E-book (View Only/Cannot be Printed) or purchase a printed copy of the reference guide for $24.95. Businesses, organizations and groups may request a professional, frameable certificate and window decal, to hang in their place of business to promote that their staff/members are certified.
This program is designed for veterinary professionals specifically such as Veterinary Technicians, Assistants, and support personnel that work in veterinary facilities particularly general practices. This class is RACE approved for Veterinary Technicians only.
Disclaimer: Licensed Veterinarians will find that the material covered in this program is too basic for their needs as the course is geared towards vet techs and support staff.
Our certification classes are becoming the choice for veterinary hospitals and clinics to validate their staff training for accreditation. Instructors are credentialed veterinary technicians and licensed veterinarians who have extensive experience in emergency and critical care.
- Discuss communication skills and techniques needed to effectively work as a team during an emergency
- Emergency room supplies and equipment and what they are used for
- How to perform triage on dogs and cats
- Discuss primary assessment and its importance in advanced life support
- Oxygen and fluid therapy and when it is used
- What is cardiopulmonary arrest and how to perform CPR on dogs and cats
- Ventilated vs manual CPR including compression to breath ratios
- Post cardiopulmonary arrest care
- Have an understanding how to recognize cardiopulmonary arrest and how to perform both ventilated and manual CPR.
- How to perform the most current industry standard method of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on dogs and cats (Participants will receive a PetCPR+ Certification valid for 2 years)
Our program is based on the most current method of animal CPR which was developed by emergency veterinarians. This class is designed to teach veterinary professionals about emergency triage, ICU and basic and advanced CPR.
Although we teach the most current method of animal CPR developed by veterinarians, we are in no way affiliated with the RECOVER Initiative, its RECOVER training program nor any of their affiliate organizations.
First aid supplies such as pet first aid kits, respiration barrier masks, etc are available to purchase with your registration. Visit our online store for a list of items. Registrations received after the preregistration period (3 business days immediately prior to a class) or walk in registrations are subject to a $5 late fee.
“This program 20-743113 is approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 0.00 CE Credits (0.00 max) being available to any one veterinarian: and/or 3.00 Veterinary Technician CE Credits (3.00 max). This RACE approval is for the subject matter categories of: Medical using the delivery method of live seminar/lecture. This approval is valid in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE; however, participants are responsible for ascertaining each board’s CE requirements. RACE does not “accredit” or “endorse” or “certify” any program or person, nor does RACE approval validate the content of the program.”
This class is RACE approved for veterinary technicians only. We award a certificate with 3 Professional CEUs to licensed veterinarians. (click here to read our continuing education policy for veterinary professionals)