- The importance of proper husbandry and nutrition
- Safety techniques when working with sick and/or injured animals
- How to perform emergency life-threatening if an animal is experiencing a life threatening medical emergency
- How to restrain and properly transport sick and/or injured animals
- How to provide emergency first aid to exotic pets en route to veterinary care
- How to take vital signs (pulse, respiration, CRT) and determine normal vs abnormal readings and body language
- Learn about the importance of the pet first aid kit and how to use the materials in it during an emergency
- How to manage and provide first aid for many common medical emergencies such as severe wounds, poisoning, burns, choking and more.
Course participants will receive the following:
- A copy of our full color Reptile, Avian and Small Mammal First Aid Reference Guide as an E-book. Printed books for this course are not available at this time.
- 2 year subscription to the Pet Emergency Education Online Resource Center
- Upon successful completion and receiving a passing score on all assessments, an official certificate may be printed immediately at the link under the final exam section
- Copyright access to use the PetCPR+ logo to promote that you are certified
Upon completion of this class participants will be certified in Reptile, Avian and Small Mammal Emergency First Aid**
“This program 20-911502 is approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 0.00 CE Credits (0.00 max) being available to any one veterinarian: and/or 3.00 Veterinary Technician CE Credits (3.00 max). This RACE approval is for the subject matter categories of: Category Three: Non-Scientific-Practice Management/Professional Development using the delivery method of Non-Interactive Distance. This approval is valid in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE; however, participants are responsible for ascertaining each board’s CE requirements. RACE does not “accredit” or “endorse” or “certify” any program or person, nor does RACE approval validate the content of the program.” Although Pet Emergency Education teaches the most current industry standards for animal CPR, we are in no way affiliated with the RECOVER Initiative, its affiliated organizations or its RECOVER training program. This course is NOT RACE approved for licensed veterinarians.
Continuing Education Credits for Veterinary Technicians
We take great pride in offering RACE approved Continuing Education Units to veterinary technicians. In order for your staff to receive RACE CEU’s AAVSB requires us to submit the state and credentialing number for each technician (CVT, RVT, LVT). Without this information we will can only provide generic CEU’s, not RACE approved CEU’s. We encourage each of your technicians to create a free RACEtrack account with AAVSB. This site will sync to RACEtrack, the AAVSB’s CE tracking system, and provide a seamless connection between CE providers, licensees, and regulators. Your techs will be able to access all of their CEU in one location and submit them to them to their state board. If the technicians choose not to use RACEtrack we will still provide a downloadable certificate from their account on our website, however we cannot guarantee your state will accept it for Continuing Education. You were given the opportunity to provide this information at checkout before you entered your credit card information. If you neglected to do this then you need to email us at email@example.com before the class is held.