Registration Includes: An official certificate, a 2 year membership to our online Animal Emergency Resource Center, your choice of the 88 page full color reference guide either as an interactive, hosted e-book (View Only/Cannot be Printed) or an e-book with also a printed copy of the reference guide (additional $24.95), businesses, organizations and groups may request a professional, frameable certificate and window decal, to hang in their place of business to promote that their staff/members are certified. Certificates are available for downloading and printing within 72 hours after the class is held in your membership account. Our office must confirm with the instructor that you did attend and pass all of the requirements for certification.
Our program is based on the most current method of animal CPR which was developed by emergency veterinarians. The class is designed to teach the average person how to perform emergency first aid for their pet prior to ascertaining veterinary care.**
*This class will certify the participant in Canine and Feline CPR and First Aid*.
This is a lecture style class with a hands on session focused on CPR for dogs and cats. The skills and topics covered in this class include:
- Safety techniques when working with sick and/or injured animals
- How to perform emergency triage and assess if an animal is experiencing a life threatening medical emergency
- How to restrain and properly transport sick and/or injured animals
- How to provide emergency first aid to dogs and cats en-route to veterinary care
- How to take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, CRT) and determine normal vs abnormal readings
- Learn about the importance of the pet first aid kit and how to use the materials in it during an emergency
- How to manage and provide first aid for many common medical emergencies such as severe wounds, poisoning, burns, choking and more
- How to performing the most current industry standard method of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on dogs and cats (Participants will receive a PetCPR+ Certification valid for 2 years)
First aid supplies such as pet first aid kits, respiration barrier masks, etc are available to purchase with your registration. Visit our online store for a list of items. Retail items are mailed directly to you at the shipping address provided in checkout. Registrations received after the preregistration period (3 business days immediately prior to a class) or walk in registrations are subject to a $5 late fee. Certificates are available for downloading and printing within 72 hours after the class is held in your membership account. Our office must confirm with the instructor that you did attend and pass all of the requirements for certification.
Although emergency first aid can improve the outcome of an animal that is experiencing a medical emergency, our company and our instructors will recommend that owners/caregivers seek veterinary care in all instances.
Approved to award 3.5 CEU to CCPDT Dog Trainers, 3 CEU to members of Pet Sitters International, 3.5 CEU to members of IAABC, 3 CEU to members of IACP, 3CEU to PACCC and 3 CEU to members of NADOI.
“This program 20-746459 is approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 0.00 CE Credits (0.00 max) being available to any one veterinarian: and/or 3.00 Veterinary Technician CE Credits (3.00 max). This RACE approval is for the subject matter categories of: Category Three: Non-Scientific-Practice Management/Professional Development using the delivery method of Seminar/Lecture. This approval is valid in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE; however, participants are responsible for ascertaining each board’s CE requirements. RACE does not “accredit” or “endorse” or “certify” any program or person, nor does RACE approval validate the content of the program.”
3 Professional CEUs to licensed veterinarians (click here to read our continuing education policy for veterinary professionals)
Although Pet Emergency Education teaches the most current industry standards for animal CPR, we are in no way affiliated with the RECOVER Initiative, its affiliated organizations or its RECOVER training programs.